Halloween Safety Tips
We wanted to wish everyone a Happy and safe Halloween! Here's a scary statistic: Children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween than on any other day of the year. Lack of visibility because of low lighting at night also plays a factor in these incidents.
Please check out our safety tips for children:
- A responsible adult should accompany young children.
- For older children that are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you.
- Agree on a specific time that children should return home.
- Teach your children to never enter a stranger's home or car.
- Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends.
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home.
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don't run, across the street.